THE COMMITTEE FOR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS OF ST.PETERSBURG
The Centre of International Cooperation – “Inter Aspect”
with support of
EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION OF FOLKLORE FESTIVALS (EAFF)
10th International Competition
«Grand Prix INTERFOLK»
November 12 – 14, 2017, Saint Petersburg
- Vocal groups performing folklore music: choirs and ensembles
- Dance groups performing traditional and folklore dances
- Instrumental groups: orchestras and ensembles, performing folk music
- Groups enacting parts of folk ceremonies, rituals, popular games, etc.
CATEGORIES for competition:
CATEGORY À: vocal groups, folklore groups, authentic folklore (choirs and ensembles)
CATEGORY B: vocal groups, modern arrangement of folklore music (choirs and ensembles)
- À-1 – folklore groups, authentic folklore, age 7–12
- À-2 – folklore groups, authentic folklore, age 13–17
- A-3 – folklore groups, authentic folklore, age 18–45
- A-4 – folklore groups, authentic folklore, the age after 45
CATEGORY B: mixed ensembles (vocal-instrumental-dances)
- B-1 – modern arrangement of folklore music, age 7–12
- B-2 – modern arrangement of folklore music, age 13–17
- B-3 – modern arrangement of folklore music, age 18–45
- B-4 – modern arrangement of folklore music, the age after 45
CATEGORY D: choreographic ensembles and pairs (folklore dances)
- Ñ-1 – mixed ensembles, age 7–12
- Ñ-2 – mixed ensembles, age 13–17
- Ñ-3 – mixed ensembles, age 18–45
- Ñ-4 – mixed ensembles, the age after 45
CATEGORY E: instrumental ensembles and orchestras (folklore music)
- D-1 – choreographic ensembles and pairs, age 7–12
- D-2 – choreographic ensembles and pairs, age 13–17
- D-3 – choreographic ensembles and pairs, age 18–45
- D-4 – choreographic ensembles and pairs, the age after 45
Every group can includes other age of participants but no more than 30% from full group
- E-1 – instrumental ensembles and orchestras, age 7–12
- E-2 – instrumental ensembles and orchestras, age 13–17
- E-3 – instrumental ensembles and orchestras, age 18–45
- E-4 – instrumental ensembles and orchestras, the age after 45
No limitations are placed on age or number of participants.
The competition includes two rounds:
Each participant group has a rehearsal (stage trial). The schedule of their trials is devised by the secretary IN ADVANCE (before the participants’ arrival).
Contest is open for general public.
For the First Round artists will present one (1) or two (2) varies works based on traditional (folklore) material of any country up to 10 minutes.
Upon completion of the first round the jury will make decision as to winners and diploma holders of contest, and will award special prizes:
- Performing skills. Technique/perfection (maximum 60 points);
- Artistic merit (imagery and image creation, emotionality, artistry) (maximum 60 points);
- Presentation of program (costumes, traditional music instruments, originality of direction) (maximum 60 points);
- 1 place (Gold): 161-180
- 2 place (Silver): 141- 160
- 3 place (Bronze): 110 - 140
- Diploma: 0-110
- For Grand-Prix contest: the highest score, not less than 145
Contest is open for general public.
Only Winners with Gold and Silver diplomas will pass in the second round. The group will perform folklore related one piece not more than 4 minutes.
By results of the second round the best group will be awarded:
Grand Prix - 30000 Rubles (in EUR by course)
Prize "Star of Interfolk" - 20000 Rubles (in EUR by course)
Prix of audience
Special prizes of jury:
- For high performing mastery;
- For the preservation of folk traditions
- The best soloist (man, woman);
- For artistry in the performance of the competition program;
- For the best musical accompaniment;
- The best modern adaptations of folk material;
- The best national or stage costume;
All competitors are in the same conditions. Organizing committee provides:
- Piano (other musical instruments to be provided by the participants themselves);
- Eight microphones for vocalists;
- Six microphones for instrumentalists;
- CD player.
PLEASE, NOTICE! Phonogram (+) for vocal groups is NOT ALLOWED!
To participate in contest, artists should submit an application and pay a fee:
Duets (pairs) and trio – 30 euro
Group of less than 12 members – 70 euro (per group)
Group from 13 members and more – 100 euro (per group)
The participants pay the fee immediately sending in the application form and no later than October 15, 2015. In case of refusal to participate in the event received after October 15, 2015 the entrance fee is not refund.
The Organizing Committee will send the bank details upon receiving the application form.
APPLYING FOR PARTICIPATION
To participate in the competition you should fill in the application form and send it by e-mail to: email@example.com , not later than September 15.In case of refusal to participate in the event received after October 1, the entrance fee is not refund. .
The following materials are to be attached to the application form:
- Background (up to 10 lines in English);
- Colour photographs of group (in JPG (JPEG) format, up to 2 MB);
- Audio- or video records (please, send certain tracks by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: 199004 Russia, Saint Petersburg, 2 Liniya, 17-28;
- Proposed repertoire.